Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rock climbing 27 Routes for 27 Million SLAVES around the world


For Mother's Day this year, I had the opportunity to sleep in until 8:30am, not have to cook and to go rock climbing at Carderock, Maryland. It was the best Mother's Day for me! I climbed three routes and it was a great warm up for the rest of my summer rock climbing goals and adventures. This summer I will rock climb on Saturdays until I reach my goal of 27 climbs to bring awareness of the 27 million slaves around the world and the DC Stop Modern Slavery walk on Sept 18, 2010.
Each climb represents different facts about modern slavery. My first 2 climbs on Sunday represents 2 million children in the commercial sex trade worldwide (according to UNICEF).
Stay tune for more adventures and human trafficking facts.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Anna, this is awesome! I'm gonna put it on my FB and Twitter. You rock (pardon the pun)!

    ReplyDelete