Saturday, June 12, 2010

1/3 of the Climb Accomplished!

A couple of weeks ago, I went to climb a different area in Carter Rock, MD. My first climb was successful and move on to a different climb and could not finish the last quarter of the climb no matter how many times I tried. My husband, Sam a much better climber than me attempted it a few times and was not able to climb it either. The way he described it was "The rock is smoother than a baby's skin."

The last quarter section of the climb was extremely slippery and the worst part was there were very few foot holds which required a lot of upper body muscles (I did not have). After this climb, I decided I need to work on my upper body muscles and suffer the consequences of having my abdomen muscles hurt every time I laugh :)

The happy ending to this is "I'M 1/3 DONE!" 9 climbs have been accomplish out of 27.

9 represents the 94 victims of bonded slave labors of men, women and children rescued on May 2010 by International Justice Mission (IJM) in Chennai, India. Now these survivors has freedom certificates and living free from violence and oppression!

RIJI Green is a proud supporter of IJM's work. Keep up the great work IJM!

I believe IJM will have a table at the DC Stop Modern Slavery walk. Join the walk on September 18, 2010 and educate yourself with the numerous anti-trafficking organizations at the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment